Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blue Mozie!

Been jonesing to do this for a while now...

Oh hello my lovelies. Hope you all had a long enjoyable Memorial Day weekend/holiday/vacation/lazyass days! Hubby was home for 5 days so I didn't have much opportunity to do a tutorial for a while. Sad panda. He doesn't appreciate when I wear a lot of makeup. For Easter I did my orange/pink look that I thought came out super sweet...he told me I looked like a parrot. Oh well, men aren't usually known for their taste right? But I digress...

So yeah, I'm home doing what I do (AKA everything) but had some time to get my makeup on. I literally have gone to bed dreaming about doing this look for a while now. I had imagined doing a blue with Madd Style Cosmetix (natch) using Illuminati & Space Oddity. However, once I had the Birthday Collection in my hot little hands...oh how "Poison Berry" called out to me. Use me! Use meeeeee!  Either that or I just drank WAY too much over Memorial Day weekend. And of course Mo being the awesome Mo that she is, gave me a sample pack of her light ice blue color "Sub Zero". Well, it was as if she was whispering right into my ear: DO A BADASS BLUE SCHEME WITH THESE MY LITTLE MODEL. DO EEEEET! So therefore, this is for you Mo.



Lets begin as we always begin....with the tools you will need. As I mentioned, you go get your Madd Style Cosmetix! (Ive already got mine right here.) Got em? Good. OK so if you don't have these colors of course you could do Illuminati and Space Oddity as a replacement. OR how bout dis...maybe some Phantasm and Glitter & Doom? I just did that look in fact on a client of mine who had a high school formal to attend and well...it came out pretty bad-ass. Anyhoo here are your piggies:

Top left is "Star Gazer" a white with bluish duo chrome. Perfect for this little project! Next up is "Poison Berry" from the Birthday Collection. I think this is one of the hottest blues Ive ever laid eyes on. And my eyes have been laid AL OT. Its a royal blue with blue glitter and a whole lotta other good goodness going on. Next up in my little baggy is "Sub Zero" which is redonk. Guess who is getting this in a full size soon. I'll give ya a hint...she's big and blonde!!

Soooo you will also of course need your handy dandy brushes:


 
Black mascara (I use Lancome Hypnose!) Black liquid eyeliner (again, using Lancome) and a regular old black eye pencil.





































As always I'm starting out with primed and based eyes....but here they are just in case you live under a rock and haven't seen my other tutorials or my youtube (which by the way is mmmheah - Glitter & Glam- Makeup by Chrissy, Primers & Bases Tut). By the by, I'm using something new this time around too. Aside from my white base I'm also using NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Black Bean". Urban Decay Primer Potion, NYX JEP in "Milk" blah blah blahhhhh"!


The "Black Bean is going to go on the outer third of your eye lid. The "Milk" goes on the majority of the lid, but the black at the outer corner/blended into the crease is really going to help the dark "Poison Berry" pop! Would i lie? OK... never mind. But believe me on this one!





We are all primed and based and lubed and ready to go. Lubed? Anyway....we are ready. First thing we are going to do is grab out small shadow brush and dip into our lovely lovely "Star Gazer". Pat the color on in the duct area blending out lightly in all directions and a little onto the lid. Just a little!


Once that looks slammin', grab a medium short bristled lid brush and pick up your "Sub Zero". Really load the brush up, don't be scared! "Sub Zero" is going on the majority of the lid over the white base. The white helps it show up better. I had layered "Sub Zero" with a few applications til it showed up quite nicely as you can see below. Apply to your own desired color!


Here comes the fun part...adding "Poison Berry"! I seriously could not WAIT to bust this color out! I tried to capture its sheer awesomeness on camera but it didn't work 100%...you will just have to find out yourself! But for now, check this out. Grab your rounded crease brush and get some "Poison Berry". Starting at the outer "v" of your eye blend inward and into the crease. Keep loading up with color so that you get a pretty dramatic blend. Sweep the brush from side to side over your crease blending up into the orbital bone. Don't worry if you cover up some of that "Sub Zero", you can always go back and re-add.



Wowza! When I said dramatic I meant it. OK so remember when I said "Sub Zero" might get lost a bit it did on mine, so lets go get some more on our short stubby lid brush and re-fill. This will give it a nicely blended look, especially if you pat the color on a bit over where "Poison Berry" is near the outer corner

 

At this point what you should also do is using the same crease brush that has "Poison Berry" on it, start sweeping the color on your lower lid. It will meet up with the other "Poison Berry" you already have in the outer corner making a nice blue ring around your eye.


Time for blendy blendy!! Get your big fluffy blendy brush with NO pigment on it and start blending the line of "Poison Berry" upwards from your crease/orbital bone. Using small circles you will soften the line upward and give it a nice seamless look to the highlight. I don't have any pictures of the highlight because I ::GASP:: didn't use an MSC highlight. I know, I stink. Deal with it. I will say tho, if you do have Madd Style Cosmetix "Birfday Suit" it is almost exactly the color of what I used. Get your highlight brush and sweep that on your brow bone. But here I am doing my blendy blendy:


It was around this time that my son walked into the bathroom as I'm blending....


 

"Mommy you look like a monster!!"

 
...He says to me in his adorable little 3 year old voice. I would be offended, but I'm pretty sure he means this as a compliment. At least, I'll take it that way. But either way...a ringing endorsement.

Unfazed, I continue on as he leaves the bathroom with graham cracker in hand.


 So we are almost in the home stretch, only thing left to do now is add mascara and eyeliner. I have a stroke of genius at this point...I'm going to do a "reverse cat-eye" which I  just made up on the spot. Its basically exactly how it sounds, I do the cat eye wing on the inside of my eye rather than on the outside. After a couple tries, I think I get it. To achieve this reverse cat eye, do your line as you normally would, but end it immediately at the outer corner. At the duct, bring the line out towards your nose and meet it up with the lower lash line. Thicken the line out back towards your eye to achieve the wing. Using a regular pencil brush I filled in the waterline in the duct and upper/lower lash line to get the flawless black effect. When doing both eyes, it's important to make sure the two wings are level with each other, or your eyes will look off kilter! 
The whole look is VERY dramatic, and a little "Black Swan"-ish I guess. I don't know, I haven't seen the movie yet, but all in all pretty bad ass if I do say so myself! Here are some gratuitous shots of me all done up to prove it to you:







As a sad little after note, I must say that right after I completed doing my "Blue Mozie" it was time to run off to the gym for a class. (I would've left it but didn't feel like answering a ton of questions from nosey people as to why I was so made up for a gym class). So I went and grabbed some of my son's baby wipes and wiped off like 80% of the color. Here is the sad, sad result:

Oh well, at least I still looked somewhat fabulous! Thanks for checking out my tut. I hope this inspires you to do a similar look...go ahead show me those dupes! Until next time my lovelies!
xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment